- This event has passed.
Job Search Resource Centre
July 26 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 8:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until August 30, 2022
The Job Search Resource Centre is open on a drop-in basis for job-seekers who would like to use the computer lab to:
- Work on resumes and cover letters
- Get assistance proofreading job search documents
- Identify various online job search resources
- Search job search websites
- Fill out online job search applications, including resumes, cover letters, and portfolios
To be eligible to attend the Job Search Resource Centre, you must:
- Register as an ISANS client and have an assigned employment specialist
- Have a Social Insurance Number
- Have basic computer skills (facilitators are present for guidance only)
- Have no need for an interpreter (services are in English)
How the centre works:
- The centre is open weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Computers are available, or you can bring your own laptop
- Alternatively, you can contact the facilitator directly via email with your documents and job descriptions. The facilitator will review and provide feedback, and then arrange up a Zoom appointment for follow-up if you prefer to meet virtually.
- The service at the centre will not substitute the employment specialists’ sessions with clients
- The time spent with each client at the centre will depend on the number of attendees at any given time
- Drop-ins are currently taking place at ISANS Desmond. Until August 8, they will be in the Desmond computer lab. From August 9-30, they will be in Desmond classroom 3.
Contact our facilitator:
Suzanne McLennan | 902 406 0217 | firstname.lastname@example.org