- This event has passed.
Online Business Development Training: Employment Law in Nova Scotia
October 12 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Labour Standards legislation sets out the minimum employment rules in Nova Scotia that employers and employees have to follow. It also sets out rules specific to the recruitment of workers and the hiring of foreign workers. Employees, employers, and recruiters have rights and responsibilities under these rules.
Join this session to learn about employment rights and employment law in Nova Scotia from Claire Ryan (MPA). Claire is a Research & Awareness Officer for the province’s Labour Standards Division.
In this session, you will learn about:
- Employment rights and responsibilities under the Labour Standards Code
- The minimum employment rules in Nova Scotia that employers and employees have to follow (such as pay, protected leaves, ending employment, etc.)
- Rules specific to the recruitment of workers and the hiring of foreign workers
- How a person who believes the rules have been broken can file a complaint with the Labour Standards Division
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | 902-406-7793 | firstname.lastname@example.org