- This event has passed.
Online Course for Healthcare Professionals: Interprofessional Communication (IPC) (Sept 13 – Oct 29)
September 13 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until October 27, 2022
If you are a healthcare professional, this 7-week, online course will help you improve your communication skills with clients and colleagues!
The goal of this course is to help you prepare for patient-centered, team-based care in Canada by learning to communicate empathetically and respectfully with other healthcare professionals, patients, and families.
In this course, you will practice communication for healthcare with topics such as:
- Working on an interprofessional, collaborative healthcare team
- Respecting the values and ethics of co-workers and patients
- Negotiating roles and responsibilities while on a team
- Communicating with co-workers
- Managing conflict
You will study online in classes on Zoom and through coursework assignments:
- Dates: September 13 to October 27, 2022
- Class time: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Online: 7 to 8 hours each week
To attend, you must:
- Have access to the internet via mobile phone or computer
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 (CLB 6) in all four skills
For more information, or to register, please contact our Language Counsellor:
Andrea Taylor | 902-406-8656 | email@example.com