- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training (March 3-24)
March 10 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until March 24, 2022
Join us for a free, 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility and to support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual who has lived in Canada for a least two years.
Please note: In accordance with latest public health recommendations, and to ensure the highest possible level of safety, this training series will be delivered virtually.
To be an ambassador, you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake one Welcome Ambassador activity following the training
- Adhere to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday March 3, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday March 10, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday March 17, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, March 24, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Applications are due by Monday, February 28, 2022
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Sherry Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com