Welcome Ambassador Training (June 2-23)
June 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until June 23, 2022
Join us for a free, 12-hour, online training program to increase your cultural humility and support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual who has lived in Canada for a least 2 years.
To be an ambassador, you must commit to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake one Welcome Ambassador activity following the training
- Adhere to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, June 2, 2022 (9:00 – 12:00pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, June 9, 2022 (9:00 – 12:00pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, June 16, 2022 (9:00 – 12:00pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, June 23, 2022 (9:00 – 12:00pm)
- Please apply by Wednesday, June 1.
- Click one of these two links to fill out your application form: Word or PDF
- When we receive your application, we will send you a Zoom link
For more information, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com