Welcome Ambassador Training (Sept 15 – Oct 6)
October 6 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating until October 6, 2022
Let’s Create Welcoming Communities!
Join us for a free, 12-hour, online training program to increase your knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and how to make Nova Scotia a more welcoming place for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual who has lived in Canada for a least 4 years.
To be an ambassador, you are invited to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Live the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
- Undertake one Welcome Ambassador activity following the training (to earn your Certificate of Completion)
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about newcomers, specifically, refugees
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, September 15, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, September 22, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, September 29, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, October 6, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- We ask that you submit your application by Thursday, September 8
- Click one of these two links to fill out your application form: Word or PDF
- When we receive your application, we will send you a meeting link
For more information, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com