- This event has passed.
Welcome Ambassador Training (Nov 23 – Dec 14)
November 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until December 14, 2022
Let’s create welcoming communities!
Join us for a free, 12-hour, online training program to increase your knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and how to make Nova Scotia a more welcoming place for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual who has lived in Canada for at least four years.
To be an ambassador, you are invited to:
- Attend all four training sessions
- Live the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI)
- Undertake one Welcome Ambassador activity following the training (to earn your Certificate of Completion)
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about newcomers, specifically refugees
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 2: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 3: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Session 4: Wednesday, December 14, 2022 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- We ask that you submit your application by Wednesday, November 16th
- Click one of these two links to fill out your application form: Word or PDF
- When we receive your application, we will send you a meeting link
For more information, please contact:
Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com