About the Program
If you are interested in health care and would like to help older adults, in particular, our Long-term Care Aide program can help. Long-term care aides (LTCAs) assist seniors who live in long-term care facilities with their daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, and feeding. LTCAs also are employed in home care, in which they help with housework, meal preparation, and laundry.
This program offers:
- An LTCA-specific communications course (12 weeks)
- Participation in employment-readiness workshops (3 weeks)
- On-the-job paid training in the Northwood Care Aid (NCA) program (12 weeks)
- Opportunity for further education to become a certified Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
During the program, you will:
- Advance your healthcare communication skills
- Learn about job-search techniques and workplace culture
- Gain paid, on-the-job training
For more information, please contact your employment specialist or email firstname.lastname@example.org.