About the Program
The Volunteer Program supports immigrants and community members to find volunteer placements with community organizations so they can gain workplace experience, build their connections and networks, and practice their English language skills.
As volunteers willingly share their skills, knowledge, and time with immigrants—and directly help ISANS to provide our clients with access to information and resources—volunteers are invaluable to our work.
We have a large number of volunteer opportunities across our organization, including:
- Canada Connects program, which partners volunteers with newcomer individuals and families
- Practice Interviews to help ISANS clients improve their interviewing skills
- Mentorship, which matches volunteers with newcomers (in person or online) with a similar professional background to provide learning support on topics such as licensing, cultural norms, profession-specific language skills, and networking
- English as an Additional Language, which partners volunteers with clients to help them practice their conversational English skills
- English Language classes, where volunteers can help instructors (classes range from CLB 1 to professional language)
- Reception, where volunteers welcome clients and answer their questions