Online Business Development Training: Law Basics for Businesses
March 6 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
When you own a business, there are many laws and regulations to be aware of – everything from confidentiality agreements, incorporation, to potential investors. As a business owner, how can you grow your business while also protecting yourself from risk and liability?
In this session, hear from the initio Law Clinic on key matters all new businesses typically consider so that you can better understand, manage, and navigate the legal needs of your business with more confidence and less stress.
Alayna Kolodziechuk (she/they) will be our guest speaker. She is the Director and Supervising Lawyer of the initio Technology and Innovation Law Clinic. Alayna has over 10 years’ experience in business structuring, intellectual property (IP) strategy, and privacy law.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to choose the right structure for your business
- How to register your business with the authorities
- The importance of protecting your intellectual property rights
- The importance of complying with tax laws and regulations
- How to avoid common legal troubles
To attend this session, you must:
- Be an ISANS business client
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 5+
For more information, and to register, please contact:
Suhel Shaikh | firstname.lastname@example.org