- This event has passed.
Online Recruitment and Information Session: Halifax Regional Police Cadets
February 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us for this online presentation by Halifax Regional Police! Learn about the requirements you need to be a successful applicant and become a cadet in Nova Scotia. A question-and-answer period will follow the presentation.
About the Halifax Regional Police (HRP) Cadet Opportunity:
Halifax Regional Police (HRP) is recruiting for their 2025 Police Science Program. The program will prepare cadets to become police officers. Cadets who successfully complete the program may be offered employment with HRP.
HRP are recruiting compassionate, community-minded, service-oriented people who reflect the communities they serve. Consider attending this information session and applying!
To apply, you must:
- Be at least 19 years of age by application deadline
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Have completed grade 12
- Have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted and have no criminal charges pending before the courts
- During the security and background stage, applicants who are immigrants to produce a police clearance certificate from their originating country showing they have no criminal convictions. Due to the time required to obtain these certificates, applicants are encouraged to apply for these certificates as early as possible to ensure there is no delay in processing your application.
- Possess a valid, Class 5 Nova Scotia driver’s license or equivalent with no restrictions. A Class 5 R license may be considered.
To register for this information session:
- Contact your ISANS employment specialist to see if you are eligible to attend
- Once you are registered, you will receive a Microsoft Teams meeting link by email