About the Program
Our English as an Additional Language (EAL) Volunteer Tutor Program provides you with language support by matching you with an EAL volunteer tutor. Upon your first meeting with the EAL Volunteer Tutor coordinator, you will discuss your language needs and your preferences. During this meeting, and to match you with the correct tutor, the program coordinator will consider your: location, availability, learning goals, Canadian Language Benchmark level, and interests.
You and your tutor will meet once a week for two hours, for six months.
Tutors help learners with their learning goals, such as:
- English as an Additional Language (EAL) literacy skills
- Conversational English for daily life
- Writing and grammar
- English for academic purposes
- Test preparation (IELTS, TOFEL, CAN, etc.)
- Citizenship test preparation
- Test preparation for driver's license
- Basic computer skills