About the Program
Our Immigrant Health staff meet each family shortly after arrival in Nova Scotia. Immigrant Health staff will assess your and your family's healthcare needs, and they will also help you access services and resources, especially if you're experiencing challenges.
In this program, our goal is to support you and to work closely with health-based service providers to make it easier for immigrants to access culturally sensitive services.
In this program, you will receive:
- Orientation to the Canadian health care system, Interim Federal Health Program, Nova Scotia Health Card coverage, patient rights, and other services and supports
- Links to the Newcomer Refugee Health Clinic for primary healthcare screening and services
- Referrals to dentists, ophthalmologists, and other specialized health services in the community
- Individual case management
- Problem-solving and advocacy support to help you access specialized services and coverage