About the Program
Are you planning to practice medicine in Canada? Are you preparing for the Medical Council of Canada Examinations?
If so, then the International Medical Graduates (IMG) Bridging Program is for you!
ISANS can assist you with:
- Pathways to licensure preparation
- Structured facilitated Study Groups
- Clinical Skills Review Program (NAC-OSCE)
- Access to ISANS Resource library (online and on-site)
- Facilitated educational sessions
- Support with observership placements
- Information sessions about CaRMS, Practice Ready Assessment, Clinical Assistants
- Information about financial support through the Atlantic Immigrant Career Loan Fund (AICLF)
The IMG Bridging Program offers:
Facilitated Study Groups
You will prepare for the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part I (MCCQE Part I). Study groups provide a learning environment for exploration, discussion, and modelling of medical content and networking opportunities among peers. Various supports and resources can help you prepare for the exams. Group sessions are offered on a weekly basis throughout the year.
Clinical Skills Review Program (available on-site & online)
You will increase your knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system and culture, and you will improve your professional communication skills. You will also prepare for the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC-OSCE) Examination.
The program includes facilitated sessions with opportunities to role-play realistic, clinical scenarios with trained, simulated patients. You'll get feedback from professional practicing physicians on your clinical skills, communication, and interpersonal skills. The Clinical Skills Review program is offered twice a year, consisting of 12-16 facilitated evening sessions and 6-8 mock OSCE sessions.
To be eligible for this program you must:
Be an international medical graduate
Be an immigrant Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, Provincial Nominee, International Graduats (see eligiblity)
Register as a client with ISANS
Register with an Employment Specialist at ISANS
Have a minimum language level of CLB 5
Be available to attend study groups and educational sessions at flexible hours
To be eligible you must:
- Be an international medical graduate
- Register as a client with ISANS
- Register with an ISANS Employment Specialist
- Have a minimum language level of CLB 5
- Be available to attend study groups and educational sessions at flexible hours
For more information, please contact your employment specialist or email email@example.com.