About the Program
If you're an architect who has received your training and qualifications outside of Canada, the Internationally Educated Architects Work-based Assessment Program will help you:
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge to an architectural firm
- Obtain local work references
- Learn about Canadian work culture
- Gain Canadian experience in your profession
As a participant in the program, you lend your professional skills and time, and ISANS connects you with a local employer for a 12-week placement.
To be eligible, you must:
- Identify as an Internationally Educated Architect (IEA)
- Be an immigrant Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Register as an ISANS client and with an ISANS Employment Specialist
- Successfully complete an employer interview
- Commit to completing a 12-week on-the-job placement
- Have a language level of CLB 6+
Your employment specialist will help you decide if the IEA Bridging Program is right for you.
For more information, please contact your ISANS employment specialist.