About the Program
ISANS’ Youth Explore! program helps youth like you meet others, learn about Canadian culture, and find support as you plan for your future. Youth Explore! will give you an encouraging, exciting, and non-judgmental space to learn and grow.
Youth Explore! will also offer workshops on life in Canada and employment to help you settle in Canada, build
job skills, overcome stress, and stay happy and healthy! Life in Canada topics include healthcare, managing anxiety, and building healthy relationships. Employment topics include how to find a job, planning next steps, and building leadership skills
In Youth Explore!, you will:
- Meet other youth in your community
- Talk about what it’s like to settle in a new country
- Get to know the many resources Halifax has to offer and become more involved in your community
- Receive one-on-one support to help you plan your next steps for your education and career
- Find opportunities for job-shadowing, mentorship, and volunteering
- Take part in monthly events held in the community to mingle with other youth and learn about different Halifax spaces you can enjoy
- Build confidence and leadership skills
- Have fun!