About the Program
If you are a government-assisted refugee youth (age 15-25) who has arrived in Nova Scotia within the last three months, our Youth Life Skills services will provide you with guidance and support to help you adjust to life in Canada by matching you with a peer youth who speaks your first language. Youth workers offer orientation sessions, answer questions on settlement, and help you access local youth-oriented programs and services.
Our youth life skills workers will help you:
- Learn about the education system and employment, and make future plans for school
- Get to know public transportation and local neighbourhoods
- Learn about the healthcare system
- Find community and recreation resources
- Learn about shopping and life in Canada
This program also supports Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs) in Nova Scotia with the application process and settlement of refugees.