Client and Community Resources
As a globally connected and conscious organization, ISANS colleagues, clients, and the communities we serve can be deeply affected by events both near and far. At ISANS we want to make sure our colleagues, clients, and partners are supported during these times of crisis and difficulty. We encourage all Nova Scotians to connect with newcomers in their community and offer ongoing support during and after difficult times.
These are the resources available through ISANS and community partners to support anyone going through crisis or helping someone else cope.
What supports does ISANS provide for clients?
What community supports are available?
- Mental Health Mobile Crisis Telephone Line
- To access this service during a mental health crisis if you live in the Central Zone ((Halifax area, Eastern Shore, and West Hants), call 902-429-8167 or 1-888-429-8167
- For all other areas of Nova Scotia, click here
- Coping with Crisis - Canadian Red Cross
- Health care in Canada: Mental health and well-being support for newcomers
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Nova Scotia Division
- 211 Nova Scotia is a free helpline that connects you to community and social services in your area 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in over 150 languages
- Community leaders, faith institutions, or cultural associations – please reach out to those near you