Digby

The Digby area was known as Brindley Town in the 18th century, the second-largest Black community of Nova Scotia, located about 3 km south of Digby, now known as Jordanstown. None of the people of Brindley Town were ever granted farm lots due to corruption surrounding land distribution. About half of the Blacks in the town left for Sierra Leone in 1792.