About the Program
The Bridge to Work Program is designed to help immigrants gain local work experience and understand the Canadian work environment. This program will help you prepare to work in an entry-level position.
This program will help you:
- Increase your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Show an employer your skills and work ethic
- Gain Canadian work experience
- Get local references
In the Bridge to Work program you will:
- Learn about various entry-level occupations/jobs
- Complete employment readiness workshops and practice interview
- Learn about the Canadian workplace culture
- Learn English vocabulary for the safety training
- Complete safety training, including Emergency First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, Working in Confined Spaces, etc.
- Secure entry-level job in your field
To be eligible for this program you must:
- Be interested in working in an entry-level position
- Register as an ISANS client
- Register with an ISANS Employment Specialist
- Commit to attending and completing the classes, technical training and employment workshops
For more information, please contact your ISANS employment specialist.