About the Program
Start your employment journey in Canada by completing one of the Job Search Strategies Workshops. Learn about the Canadian labour market, job search techniques, working in your field, interview skills, and Canadian workplace culture. The Job Search Strategies Workshops take place on-site at ISANS and online through ISANS' online learning community.
In the Job Search Strategies Workshop, you will learn about:
- Occupational requirements
- Methods of job searching
- Resumes and cover letters
- How to market yourself
- Interview Skills
- Canadian workplace culture and other topics
Participating in an effective job search and interview preparation processes are essential steps on your road to employment. Through this training, you can develop your job search skills, practice answering possible interview questions, as well as learn about employer expectations and your rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
We offer the following facilitated, online, profession-specific Job Search Strategies Workshops:
- Job Search Strategies for Engineers
- Job Search Strategies for Early Childhood Educators
- Job Search Strategies for Accountants
- Job Search Strategies for Continuing Care Workers
We also offer these self-directed Online Workshops:
Working in Canada
This self-study workshop introduces you to Canadian workplace culture, employer expectations, and your rights and responsibilities in the workplace.
Workplace Integration in Canada
This course gives you basic information about Canadian workplace culture that you may never get anywhere else. It explains the most common employer expectations, which are often unwritten and unspoken. All the advice and information comes from the real-life experiences of newcomers to Canada.
All of these workshops are designed to help you build the skills and knowledge you need to find employment in Nova Scotia. They are fun, interactive, and directly related to your learning needs as a new job-seeker in Canada.
To be eligible for the pre-employment Job Readiness Workshops you must:
- Be interested in learning about job search in Canada
- Register as an ISANS client
- Register with an ISANS Employment Specialist
- Be committed to participating and completing the workshops
To register for any of these workshops, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org