About the Program
Are you a youth between 15 and 30 years old? Do you want to explore careers and gain Canadian work experience? The Immigrant Youth Employability Program is designed to help immigrant youth explore career options, gain local work experience, and understand a Canadian work environment.
Specifically, this program will help you:
- Increase your confidence in your skills and abilities
- Show an employer your skills and work ethic
- Identify your skills gaps so you can improve them and pursue additional training
- Gain 20 weeks of Canadian work experience and mentorship
- Receive English in the Workplace training during your work term
- Build your network and gain local references
- Potentially gain full-time employment
To be eligible to attend this program you must:
- be between the ages of 15-30
- commit to attending and completing the classes, the technical training and employment workshops
- attend and complete the 20-week paid employment
- have a minimum CLB 4 language level
For more information, please contact your employment specialist or email email@example.com.