About the Program
The International Pharmacy Graduates (IPGs) Bridging Program will help you understand and meet the standards of pharmacy practice in Canada and achieve your professional goals, including licensure and employment. Your ability to communicate effectively in a pharmacy or healthcare setting determines your success.
This program will help you:
- Improve your interpersonal and communication skills
- Understand and practice realistic interactive and non-interactive cases through the Mock OSCE sessions
- Get structured feedback from pharmacist assessors and professional simulated patients
- Identify gaps in your pharmacy knowledge and skills
- Access online and on-site pharmacy resources
- Practice answering pharmacy multiple-choice questions (MCQs)
- Build your network with Canadian licensed pharmacists
- Meet other IPGs going through the licensure process
The following are some important components of the program:
Pharmacy Study Groups
Study Groups prepare you for the Canadian evaluating and qualifying pharmacy exams. Topics include therapeutics, pharmacy laws and ethics, pharmacy drug distribution, pharmacy management, drug information and the pillars in the Canadian health care system. Study groups are offered on a weekly basis before the exams dates.
IPG Communication Skills Lab
The Communication Skills Lab gives you an opportunity to role-play realistic pharmacy scenarios with trained, simulated patients. A licensed pharmacist observes, assesses, and provides you with direct feedback on your pharmacy knowledge, communication, and interpersonal skills. These sessions will help you prepare for the national OSCE exam. The Communication Skills Lab program is offered twice a year in spring and fall.
To be eligible you must be:
- An International Pharmacy Graduate
- Registered and working with an ISANS Employment Specialist
- Interested in pursuing certification as a licensed pharmacist in Nova Scotia
- Interested in pursuing pharmacy or alternative careers
- Have Canadian Language Benchmark of 5+
- Committed to attending all program activities
For more information, please contact your employment specialist or email firstname.lastname@example.org.