About the Program
Please note that key features of the permanent program include:
- All employers designated under the pilot will be required to be re-designated under the permanent program.
- Under the permanent program, all designated employers are required to complete mandatory on-boarding training provided by the federal Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Mandatory inter-cultural competency training will also be required for all employers, prior to endorsement, unless the employer is deemed by the province to be exempt from the training.
If you are applying for designation:
Step 1: Contact ISANS to learn about available settlement services and begin process. You will see ‘Collaboration with a settlement service provider’ in the Employer Designation Application Form as one of requirements
If you are already a designated employer and your potential employee(s) needs a settlement plan:
Step 3: Provide your candidate(s) an offer of employment (IMM0157E) and a copy of a confirmation of the Designation Letter
Step 4: Refer candidate(s) still outside Canada to https://aip.isans.ca to register with ISANS for a settlement plan
(Note: candidates already in Nova Scotia may also be referred to this site, and candidates residing in other Atlantic provinces may be referred to a settlement service provider nearest the candidate’s future place of employment)
If you are an Atlantic Employer interested in becoming designated under this program:
Please visit the applicable provincial immigration office for instructions and guidance:
- Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
- New Brunswick Office of Immigration & Settlement
- Prince Edward Island Office of Immigration
- Newfoundland Office of Immigration & Multiculturalism
Important Note: Potential employers and employees must be mindful that there are other requirements that need to be met as part of a candidates’ application for immigration under this program. Visit Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for these details.
For employers, AIP offers the following:
- Employer Designation
For participants, AIP will connect them with the following ISANS services:
- A needs assessment and a settlement plan
- Pre arrival services
- Post-arrival, re-assessment services
- Orientation services
- Language level assessments and language courses
- Pre-employment services for spouses and dependents over 18
- Community integration services
Please contact Marzie Keyvanfar at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.