About the Program
Many immigrants who are trained, experienced, or interested in working in the early childhood education (ECE) sector in Canada lack the profession-specific communication skills or the formal training they need. Additionally, they often need help understanding the ECE scope of work in a Canadian environment.
If you have experience in early childhood education and would like to continue on your ECE career path in Canada, our bridging program will help you improve your communication skills and gain employment in your field.
As an ECE trainee, our Bridging the Gap for IE ECEs offers:
- A 12-week, profession-specific communications course in a blended format – online and in-person
- Online, employment-readiness workshops in the field of early childhood education
- A 12-week, on-the-job, paid competency assessment
During the on-the-job competency assessment, you will be able to demonstrate your professional, communication, and interpersonal skills and get feedback from licensed ECE supervisors. This experience will help you make informed decisions about working as an ECE, identify training gaps, and decide your steps moving forward. If needed or desired, this program will also offer access to ISANS’ English in the Workplace program.
To join this program, you must:
- Register with an ISANS employment specialist
- Be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of five or higher
- Have a background and/or an interest in working with young children, and
- Commit to completing all program components