Would you like to privately sponsor a refugee to Nova Scotia in 2024?
ISANS is now accepting expressions of interest for anyone who would like to sponsor a refugee or refugees to Nova Scotia in 2024 with ISANS as your designated Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH).
To qualify for private refugee sponsorship with ISANS, you have to:
- have lived in Nova Scotia at least 2 years or more;
- be 18 years of age or older;
- have the financial capacity to sponsor the number of refugees you plan to sponsor as outlined in the Resettlement Assistance Program rate schedule;
- be able to pay 20% of the total amount required when your application is selected by ISANS, 30% when your application is ready to be submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), and 50% when IRCC approves your application;
- complete a settlement plan and a sponsorship budget;
- and, have the support of a Constituent Group and a minimum of 5 volunteers to assist you with the refugee's or refugees' settlement.
For refugee(s) to qualify for private refugee sponsorship with ISANS, the individual(s) need(s) to:
- meet the UN definition of refugee, and
- reside in the same country as the principal refugee.
To express your interest in privately sponsoring a refugee or refugees through ISANS for 2024, please fill out our interest form, here:
The deadline to complete and submit the interest form is Friday, December 22, 2023.
- Due to the large interest in refugee sponsorship, this form does not guarantee your sponsorship with ISANS.
- You cannot have any other active applications with ISANS or with another SAH. Active applications mean:
- you are currently sponsoring a refugee,
- you have sponsored a refugee who has already arrived and is within the one-year sponsorship milestone,
- or you are waiting for someone to arrive.
- You can only submit one interest form on behalf of your family/household.
ISANS will not be able to provide individual assistance filling out the online interest form, but will we provide general orientation sessions about the interest form and process. Please see more information about these sessions below.
Orientation Sessions about the Interest Form
We are providing two orientation sessions about the interest-form process:
Tuesday, November 7 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm at ISANS Mumford
Thursday, November 9 from 5:00 - 8:00 pm online
To attend one or both sessions, please register by clicking the button below:
Thank you for your interest in sponsoring refugees and building a welcoming community where all can belong and grow.
If you have feedback on the 2023 PSR Selection Process, please send your feedback to email@example.com.
For general information about ISANS' Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) Program, visit our PSR program page: isans.ca/program/private-sponsorship-of-refugees-psr-program.